Well, I survived yet another wind storm but this one was close.
I repeatedly cringed as I heard the tarp fill up with air and then I heard the sound I dread, staples popping off and looked up to see about 8ft of the seam between the north and south tarps open up. If I was not there at that exact minute to immediately grab hold and refasten down, I would have lost the works. Pretty good all in all, I never really expected the tarps to make it through MAJOR wind storms and so far I have made it through three. Then the rains came and things started to settle down.
Last nights rain was unfortunate as I lost power due to too many things on one 20A breaker (I was trying to run two pumps and a 1500 Watt heater), and I got to the job-site with visible water above the gravel. Problem was that it pushed up the rigid foam under the exterior stair landing and the rebar above. It took a couple of hours to pump everything out and re-bed the foam and check all rebar elevations. Poor! (or is that Pour).
By this afternoon’s rains, I had the power redistributed and all was good except for several soakings I received.
I had and passed my structural inspection of the forms and rebar yesterday and will have my District inspection tomorrow. I plan to pour Tuesday but may try to push up to Monday as it is scheduled to be a better weather day. In the meantime, I am crossing off the myriad of outstanding tasks.
Thanks for visiting.