Family help

Hey folks, just a quick update as not a lot has happened.

Yesterday my nephew Jonathan came by and helped me stack the remaining salvaged cedar siding onto the roof of the storage container and the final salvaged ceiling joists near the cutting shack out of the way of the big dig.  Thank-you Mr. J

Salvaged ceiling joists - I am hoping to use these for my upper floor gable wall studs as long as they are straight enough.  I stacked on side to limit deflection and also possibility of water sitting.  Will also cover with plastic.

Salvaged ceiling joists – I am hoping to use these for my upper floor gable wall studs as long as they are straight enough. I stacked on side to limit deflection and also possibility of water sitting. Will also cover with plastic.

Salvaged Cedar Siding - I will use this to re-clad the back shed and greenhouse.

Salvaged Cedar Siding – I will use this to re-clad the back shed and greenhouse. Still need to finish covering with plastic which will also keep water from pooling on top of container and rusting through (current problem)

Now by dig site is clear. Today I will start preparing to pump out the ground water during the excavation (already sitting in lowest part of hole) and diverting neighbours storm water leaders away from hole now that I have removed his sub grade piping.

I also spent the morning and early afternoon uploading photos to this sites photo gallery (Demolition Folder).  I have uploaded photos that cover the interior demolition (up till June 17) and will start the exterior demolition photos soon.

I also posted the conclusion of some long term testing I performed showing the difference in EPS and XPS water uptake in a wet environment (say below floor slab) to my blog.

Thanks for visiting.

This entry was posted in Project Journal. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.