All Hands On Deck

This morning, I was blessed with FULL pension power.  Both Gail and Eric were on deck from 9 AM to 12:30-1:30 PM.  It actually took some effort to feed the beast they became together.  They chewed through tasks faster than I could create them.  Gail was cleaning out the shed at the north side of the house including stacking some new oak floor cutoffs I have been saving for shop projects in the Cootery (name of my shed due to its original plan of housing a Coot Amphibian that we were going to build) out back. Eric was de-nailing yet more wood and then both Gail and Eric started loading the trailer with the next load of green and garbage waste (I now have a split personality trailer).  Eric then moved onto de-nailing teh ceiling joists I was taking down while Gail continued to load the trailer including removing the building paper from the garage.

Who was strangely absent all day was my promised re-inspection by the District to ensure I had the security fencing up.

I pretty much dedicated the day to taking down the ceiling and then outside wall in the living room to make way for tomorrow’s tree trimming day where the 4 cedars to be kept will be limbed up to a height of aprox 30 ft.  This will allows the winter sun into the house but block the higher summer sun and resulting heat.

I had hoped to get the south annex down as well today (garage and office) but it was not to be. It took quite a while to take down the ceiling joists because of all the added blocking around the fireplace and then it also took some time to disassemble the plate glass home made windows int the living room.  I still have a fair bit of electrical to take out of the garage which I will do some of while Burley Boys are here doing the tree work.  I might then use the tractor to help dismantle the remaining structure to speed things up.  It is already quite unstable because most does not have any sheathing.

As promised, here are some picks of the newly configured tree fencing and also the security fencing.  I can attest to the tree fencing’s strength.  I dropped a wall on it during demolition and it hardly budged.

As you can see, our air spading allowed us to get very close to this cedar

As you can see, our air spading allowed us to get very close to this cedar.  This makes room for cement blocks to stabilize the bank of the excavation and allowed the cedar to stay.

Security fencing near the back of the property at the south neighbour.  We will need to put a gate in here so we can get back and forth to each others yards.

Security fencing near the back of the property at the south neighbour. We will need to put a gate in here so we can get back and forth to each others yards.

South tree fencing was able to get close to 2 ft closer to the cedars.

South tree fencing was able to get close to 2 ft closer to the cedars. Now the bank will have proper slope and not need stabilization

Newly configured gate near temp electrical service.  High header board allows me to take tall things through gate area.  It was needed in the first place because I did not want to screw into the side of the container.

Newly configured gate near temp electrical service. High header board allows me to take tall things through gate area. It was needed in the first place because I did not want to screw into the side of the container.

Thanks for the visit.

This entry was posted in Project Journal. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.