No More Insulation

Well yesterday was the first day in a long time that went to schedule. Of course I went and ruined that today.

Someone came yesterday morning and picked up all of the fibreglass insulation. Earlier in the morning I had actually updated my schedule for the first time in a long while and got depressed.  I will start framing the first floor in September and will not have a roof on till January.  I sure hope that my tarping the whole job site will work out.  Otherwise it will be one miserable winter.

Later in the morning I finished loading a massive load of foil lined cardboard panels, loose fill and batt style mineral wool insulation, and various debris that was in the attic (including a whole bunch of all drawers and such that I took out of an old garage before it was torn down) and took to the dump in the early afternoon.

IMG_0422

Foil Lined Cardboard ‘Insulation’ panels and bags of mineral wool insulation

 

I then came back and loaded all of the 2×4’s I did not want and other unpainted wood in the house and headed back to the transfer station to the green waste section.

Generally 2x4 material from top and bottom plates, dropped ceilings, and headers that would take too much energy to de-nail.  These will be topsoil in a few months.

Generally 2×4 material from top and bottom plates, dropped ceilings, and headers that would take too much energy and time to de-nail. These will be topsoil in a few months.

Before I had to pack it in for the day (5:30 do to a medical appointment) I was able to stack most of the 2×4’s I will keep in the front yard.  Later in the evening I had dinner with my nephew who had been nice enough to pick up my reciprocating saw flush cut adapter from a PO box in Blaine and bring it out to me.  I plan on using it to cut off the siding. I tried it out after dinner and while the concept is sound, I was not sure the tool is up to the task.

Today was going to be the start of removing the siding, but I realized I really needed to move up the clearing along the back of the house instead to make remove for removing the siding.  So I spent the day on the tractor in the back yard moving 6 roses, a rodo, 2 kiwi, 1 mock-orange, and a gooseberry to make room to tear down the house and also have a place to stockpile soil.  Many of these items had just been placed in their current locations about a year ago before I thought about the need to stock pile the dirt.  So they had to be moved again.

Although this was not on the schedule for today, it was on the schedule and will now make removing the siding so much easier.

Tomorrow I will do some final cleanup inside and then start removing the siding.

Thanks for visiting.

 

This entry was posted in Project Journal. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.